Building backlinks is the most important part of SEO work. The only thing more important is how relevant the becklinks you build are. You could actually rank at number one spot on Google for a keyword you don’t have anywhere in your content solely based on your backlinks. This have been proven in practice many times and I have personally done this on several keywords.
How do you build quality relevant backlinks for your targeted keywords?
Most of you will first think of specialized web directory listings which can actually be good for your ranking, however, in most cases it just isn’t enough to give you first page listing on major search engines for your targeted keywords.
Next thing people tend to try is link exchange with relevant web sites. This is also a grate way to gather some relevant backlinks but in case you are promoting a new website with no page rank or visits it’s pretty hard to find good relevant websites willing to exchange links with you.
The only thing that’s left to you is to build your own quality relevant content with backlinks. The technique I love to use to provide myself with relevant backlinks is building blogs with relevant content. This can be a pretty hard job but it really pays of in the long run. There are some tips that could help you speed up the process:
- Use wordpress.com for creating your blogs. – WordPress has grate on-site SEO and blogs on WordPress.com get indexed pretty quickly. Once you create an account there, you can create unlimited number of blogs without having to register any new accounts.
- Write more then one post per blog. – Google loves backlinks that look natural and active blog that has your link in blogrol seems pretty natural. You can also include some backlinks inside blog posts linking to relevant parts of the website you are building backlinks for.
- Use Scribefire – Scribefire is grate firefox plugin that will allow you to write into your wordpress blogs from your browser. It helps a lot to have all your blogs listed in it and be able to drag-and-drop pictures from the web directly into your blog posts.
- Your blog posts don’t have to be masterpieces – Remember you are not writing content for readers, you are writing it for spiders so it only has to seem relevant to the topic.
- Promote your blogs – You won’t have much use of these backlinks if you don’t build backlinks for the blog. Luckily, building these backlinks is not so hard as you can use all the benefits provided by RSS feed. Submit your blogs RSS feed to as many services as you can that will create some backlinks out of it. It is also easier to do this when you have more blogs to submit at once.