Some merchants use NaviGate payment gateway from MerchatPlus because of the lesser costs than its big brother Authorize.net. Interesting this about this payment gateway is its compatibility with Authorize.net. So, if you need to enable it in Magento, you will not have to find someone who will have to write the module from scratch. You just need to use standard Authorize.net module, but with some modifications.
So, to use Navigate, you have to enable Authorize.net module. NaviGate is compatible with Authorize.net’s AIM Integration method. This means that any shopping cart or online store software that can connect to Authorize.net via this method can connect to NaviGate by following this steps:
- In the Magento Administration panel, go to Configuration> Payment Methods.
- Open the Authorize.net module and update the title as you see fit. Enter your NaviGate username and transaction key, which you generate under “Profile & Settings” in the NaviGate interface.
- Change the Gateway URL to: https://gateway.merchantplus.com/cgi-bin/PAWebClient.cgi
- Enable Credit Card Verification, if you want to use the CVV code.
- Then, go to your source code and open the file: /app/code/core/Mage/Paygate/Model and find the string “setCardCodeResponseCode” . Change the line to: ->setCardCodeResponseCode($r);
Save the file and you should be good!
To assist your integration, MerchantPlus created the following developer tools (you will not need them in our case):
For more information on the connection API, see Authorize.net’s AIM documentation.