Write for Us
Do you want to be a contributing writer to our blog?
You think that you have a great idea and want to submit a guest post to us?
We welcome you as we always want to read something (or find out about something) for which we can say “That’s a great piece of writing!”. Unfortunately, not every one of you can become a guest writer for us.
In the past, we have received many propositions which we had to turn down because of low quality. Because of that, we are accepting guest posts only if those posts are following certain rules.
Please, read carefully our guest posting guidelines. If you can comply with them you will find at the end of this page a form for submitting your articles. If you do not accept our rules (in essence – our guest post agreement) – do not send us your article.
- – Visitors of our blog must find your text very interesting; knowledgeable; comprehensive; something new.
- – The article should have a very strong (interesting) first part – give our readers a strong reason to read the entire article. Also, the article should be quality written. Check your grammar!
- – Please, be aware that our readers are busy people and that they do not have time to read very long sentences. Make it easier to read.
- – We accept only those types of style writing that are in general unison with the general “style” of our blog. In other words – we are generally casual, but not too casual.
- – The article should have at least 2 images – screenshots or general images. But, in the case of general images, we are the one (Inchoo) who is selecting and inserting images to the article. In that case, we need a general direction of what the image should represent (and where should we put it in the article – look at google doc example – https://bit.ly/guest-inchoo ). In the case of screenshots try to not exceed the maximum width of 760px.
- – The article should have at least 1200 words. No writing for the sake of fulfilling the requested number of words. Although, we accept special cases with fewer words – but, let us know of it before we start to read it (indicate it in the form under “Anything you would like to add?”).
- – All links to third-party websites shall be inspected on & approved if they are relevant to the topic.
- – Of course, we will promote your published guest post on our social media networks.
- – You can promote your published guest blog post on your website, forums, or social networks. In fact, we encourage you to do so! 😉
- – You must research if something has been already covered in one of the previous articles published on our blog.
- – You are agreeing that you will not be entitled to any compensation for writing the published blog post (or for writing an unpublished blog post proposal).
- – We can edit your submitted draft of the article to be in more “Inchoo” theme, to be easier to read, to insert relevant info, to remove certain parts of it, to add certain content, and other changes without any approval from or notice to you… (this is also a possibility after the article was already published on our blog)
- – We can remove any published article at any time for any reason without notice.
- – We DO NOT republish something that was published elsewhere! This is also applicable to something that was published in a different language.
- – Please, please, do not try to trick us with something that is already published by another author(s). This also means that you can not take parts of other people’s writing and present them as yours. If you try to do any of this we will PUBLICLY show on you! And nobody wants to be called a thief.
- – Do not try to steal/repurpose other people’s work! – if something has to be inserted (image, part of text…) in an article – it should be properly attributed to the original author/website.
- – You agree to indemnify & defend the Inchoo and its employees harmless from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, cost, liabilities, expenses, and damages arising out of, or in connection with your article. (for example, we will try everything in our power to check for plagiarism, but if we miss something – you will be responsible).
- – We do not accept overly promotional articles of authors’ website/organization/agency. Remember – the article is for readers to find out something new!
- – We do not accept articles in which there is an “attack” on any other agency/organization/person.
- – Your guest blog post proposal shall not include any affiliate links.
- – Your guest blog article contains no unlawful material/content or instructions that may cause harm, damage, or injury. You are also guaranteeing that your article hasn’t got any violation of any copyright, trademark, trade secret or other right or the privacy of others.
- – You will have the right to repurpose/republish the published article (from Inchoos blog) on your own (Authors) website; provided, however, you will wait at least 12 months after the date of the publication on the Inchoos blog. If this happens before that time frame – we will remove the link, along with other actions.
- – You understand and agree that you are not part of Inchoo, nor shall you publicly represent yourself out to be a member of Inchoo. If we accept & publish your guest blog post – you are only a guest writer on the Inchoo website (and who knows – maybe this is the start of great friendship).
What will you get
As stated in General Rules – You are agreeing that you will not be entitled to any compensation for writing the published blog post (or for writing an unpublished blog post proposal).
If you are doing this for money – some services will gladly pay you for your expertise and knowledge, but not us.
Writing for Inchoo will get you something else (in no particular order):
Website/LinkedIn Traffic – traffic from the published blog post(s) to the writers’ website/profile. However, that link will be “no follow” because of Google rules regarding outbound links in case of guest blogs.
Personal Authority – Make contact with more readers by guest posting on Inchoo. And, if you, or your writing, are good enough then you could become an expert in their eyes and particular niche.
Fan Base – this is an excellent opportunity to grow your social media fan base. Increase the number of your followers by sharing your guest blog post which will be seen as proof of your expertise (and we shall share it too!).
Influence somebody – If you think that you are good enough, that you have needed expertise and wisdom, try to influence readers of the Inchoo blog. But, do not take this lightly – it is a hard thing to do. 😉
At the moment we accept any article themes that are about:
- 1. eCommerce
- 2. Development (backend, frontend, Magento…)
- 3. Digital marketing (Google ads, Google Analytics, & Marketing trends at the moment)
But, if you have a great piece of writing about something that is not stated above for which you think that it would be awesome to publish on our blog – send us your article (please, indicate this in the form under “Anything you would like to add?”)
Guest blogger profile
The author is not given access to our CMS. This is done because of a bad experience with previous guest blog authors. Because of that, if we choose your article proposal, you will receive an email with a request to send us additional info for your bio, social, and other needed information. Upon receiving that, we will open a user with your name, but with our email and passwords.
If there are comments on your article we will inform you about it and, if you send us an answer in the next 60h we will answer using your “user persona”. If we do not receive any answer in given time we will give the answer ourselves.
Form to submit an article
Looking forward to your submissions!