Having Google Universal Analytics tracking on eCommerce websites is standard nowadays. While default Google Analytics, with or without Enhanced eCommerce, provides many tracking opportunities, adding Google Tag Manager in the mix opens up a completely new universe – a universe full of efficiency, simplicity, automation and data frontiers not seen before.
Why Advanced Analytics with Google Tag Manager?
We use Google Tag Manager as a data broker – from reading each pageview, session, user data and interaction data (events) to pouring that data to any number of channels – from Universal Analytics [Enhanced Ecommerce] with custom dimensions and custom metrics to data rich tracking pixels for social networks and (dynamic) remarketing services.
This are some of the tags and variables provided by Inchoo’s Advanced Analytics for one of our clients. As you can see, there is a large number of tags and variables we can track to collect various information that can be used for understanding your customers and enhancing your marketing and sales strategy.
Years worth of experience in analytics and Magento helped us to create and constantly improve our Google Tag Manager Magento extension, crafted to match contemporary tracking requirements with unmatched security and performance – both for Community and Enterprise Magento editions.
What are some of the common custom reports and features requested by eCommerce clients (and made available by Inchoo’s Advanced Analytics with GTM)?
- Where do new customers or newsletter subscribers come from?
- Which Magento user group generates most revenue?
- What users generate most revenue?
- View all sessions, pageviews and events paths for any particular visitor, and match it with Magento user [User Explorer report in Google analytics]
- Coupon code usage report: which coupon codes, how many times used, total revenue per coupon code, who used it, etc…
- Shipping Method usage report[s]: number of transactions, total shipping costs, total revenue, etc. per shipping method
- Payment Method usage report[s]: number of transactions, total revenue, etc. per payment method
- Category pages: which category pages are most popular? How deep users browse categories?
- Product pages [reports based on product page views]: most popular product pages by brand, categories, or any other product attribute
- Segmentation: create remarketing segments in GA based on Magento user group [LVL], any visitor attribute and visitor behaviour or any page, category or product attribute available i.e. create segments of people who visited product pages of specific brand or product type more than 3 times, who added to cart but abandoned, etc….
What do you get with our Advanced Analytics with GTM:
- Installation, support, consultations and Magento best practices gained from dozen implementations and scenarios
- Universal Analytics tracking
- With Enhanced Ecommerce support
- Opens up a plethora of new reports in Google Anal ytics
- Optional server-side transaction tracking
- No more missing transactions in GA reports, can be configured to fire at any given order state
- Track your off-site transactions and connect to visitors using loyalty card information to create an overall user profile
- Many custom dimensions and custom metrics
- Many visitor, page, category, product, cart and checkout/transaction related variables available in GTM dataLayer
- User interaction (events)
- User interaction events (logins, registration, subscription, cart and wishlist management, …) available for all tracking purposes
- Coss-device tracking and reports
- Cross device tracking helps identify a user behavior across several devices and join their experience into one journey
- Custom segments
- Create custom segments (used for both reporting and remarketing) based on all available visitors or page dimensions (i.e. create specific remarketing segments)
- A/B testing
- Implement A/B tests with variations stored in custom dimension in Google Analytics and and efficiently track their performance
- AdWords dynamic remarketing tracking
- Support for all AdWords dynamic remarketing requirements (don’t miss our Google Shopping and PPC Management support)
- Facebook Custom Audience advanced pixel
- Support for Facebook’s Custom audience pixel – not just the basic tags, but support to the max
- push many additional information to FB pixel, which at the end gives you endless segmentation opportunities
- Full support for Facebook dynamic remarketing tracking
- Implement any available tracking and enrich it effortlessly
Interested in some (or all) of these custom analytics and reporting options?
Our implementation of Advanced Analytics with GTM is straightforward, even if you have existing solutions and would like to migrate – we provide Magento extension and installation, configuration and ongoing support and consultations for Advanced Analytics and GTM in general.