Magento 2 Technical Audit
Are you feeling that your online store is not working as it should? Perhaps something is indeed wrong. No matter how good your Magento solution provider is, at some time it’s a good idea to perform a Magento technical audit and get feedback from a fresh pair of eyes.
Our highly skilled Magento 2 professionals will evaluate the overall effectiveness of your store, whether it be the store’s code, configuration, performance, security, compliance with industry standards, or general ease of maintenance. Leaving nothing behind.
Magento 2 Technical Audit
Signs Your Store Needs an Audit
- Your store is slow, and you want to know the best course of action to speed it up.
- Your store is experiencing inexplicable crashes and downtimes. You are receiving a high volume of complaints from customers.
- Your Magento system and exception logs are full of errors.
- Your website’s security is compromised, or you want to prevent future security breaches.
- You are preparing a larger development endeavor on your store and want to make sure that the current state won’t be a blocker for new ambitious plans and budgets.
- You’re concerned that the third-party extensions you’ve installed are jeopardizing the stability of your site.
- Your sales have dropped after launching a new or upgraded site.
- A big chunk of your maintenance budget is used for repairs instead of bringing new business value.
- The development of new features or upgrades often proves to be a long process. You don’t know why.
- You believe that hosting expenses are too high.
- You would like to optimize your Magento 2 store but don’t know where to start and what to prioritize.
- A new development team has taken over the development of the website. They could use a concise report about the current state of the Magento 2 store.
- You find it too difficult to integrate your site with third-party systems. You want to check if your current system is ready.
- You believe your deployments are causing your site to be down for an unreasonable amount of time.
- You would like to ensure that your developers adhere to industry standards regarding the development and maintenance of your Magento 2 store.
- You would like to evaluate whether your development budget is being well spent.
- The site’s core web vitals do not meet your expectations.
- You are unable to determine the root cause of a specific issue on your website.
- You want to gain a better understanding of development priorities for your store.
- You have just upgraded your store or migrated it to another server with an overwhelming number of issues, and you need to assess the store’s current state to take action for damage control.
Mini UX/UI audit
Even though we offer a separate service for a full UX/UI audit, technical audits include a simplified version.
The purpose of this audit is to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of a website’s user experience and user interfaces.
This simplified version focuses on how customers perceive the site and how certain interfaces and/or elements may affect their behavior.
We inspect the store’s adherence to best usability practices, functionality, information architecture, and patterns for key areas of your store.
The report includes a list of opportunities you can take to enhance the shopping experience for your customers.
We extract metrics for your site by testing the most common pages, such as the homepage, product listing page, product page, search page, and cart page.
This way, we can spot opportunities and recommend the changes your site needs to execute, with the goal of increasing Core Web Vitals scores and overall website speed.
The report consists of recommendations and suggestions on how you can increase Core Web Vital metrics such as Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), First Input Delay (FID), Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS), and many others such as First Byte (TTFB), Time to Interactive (TTI) or Total Blocking Time (TBT).
Theme Static Code Analysis
Our goal here is to provide recommendations for enhancing the quality, security, and efficiency of the Magento theme by conducting a series of tests.
This will allow us to suggest steps that will lead to better collaboration, enhanced security, increased productivity, and just plain efficiency of your code.
Magento Theme Best Practices
It is a crucial area to cover during front-end evaluation. Our objective is to ensure that your site has a theme developed according to industry-defined best practices and recommendations.
If not, it can lead to broken estimates, difficulties adding new features, regression issues, and long-lasting instability during upgrades.
Audit will help you understand if that is the case, which areas can benefit from improvements, and how to prioritize changes. If the theme is beyond repair, we will suggest the best course of action.
The end goal is to help you understand how your theme code should be organized for optimal cleanliness, readability, and maintainability.
We use code profiling techniques when inspecting the performance of your store’s most important pages and events, such as the homepage, product listing pages, product page, search, add-to-cart action, and cart page.
It allows us to pinpoint the exact part of the code that is slowing down your store and suggest how the issue should be addressed.
Backend Static Code Analysis
Using manual efforts together with industry-standard tools, we can see whether your codebase is easy to maintain. We do it by extracting metrics from code, such as complexity, maintainability, structure, and more.
Code with healthy metrics is easy to maintain and extend, so you can focus your development efforts on adding business value instead of chasing issues, broken estimates, and rising costs.
Following the Magento 2 coding standard makes the store’s growth easier as code is easier to maintain. Failure to adhere to standards can make it hard to develop, upgrade or integrate with other systems.
We can identify areas of code that require attention and suggest the best course of action.
Magento Logs Inspections
There is much to learn about the system from its logs. We go through Magento 2 reports, system logs, and exception logs in search of recurring issues that threaten the store’s stability and health.
We can interpret it for you and create a prioritized list of issues that should be addressed to keep your logs clean and your store stable and fast.
Third Party Extensions Inspection
Extensions can bring value to your business, but some can become major points of failure.
We aim to identify possible issues with extensions installed on your system to suggest a better alternative if possible. In some cases, stores might even have extensions that are not in use, or in the worst cases, they might be adding security or performance issues to your store.
The key to successfully utilizing third-party tools is using them sparingly, and we can help in organizing them.
Security should always be the number 1 priority. To ensure this, we need to make sure your system is up to date, that your store requirements are met, and that your store isn’t affected by any reported Magento 2 security issue or insecure configuration.
Through investigating your store setup, our objective is to identify possible security threats or even breaches of which you might not be aware. Our findings are presented along with priority steps to address in order to keep the store and customers safe and happy.
If not careful in the everyday development process, your store’s database might become a place where data integrity issues such as constraints violations, incorrect entries, or forgotten and stale data can flourish.
In order to keep your data reliable and accurate, our goal is to identify possible threats to your data and propose action to take toward a clean and performant database.
Code Observability and Monitoring
To keep the store’s effectiveness at an optimal level, you need to be able to monitor vital parts of your store.
That way, you can track how introductions of the new features in your store relate to the overall performance and stability of your system.
Our objective here is to determine how much insight you have into your system and whether there is any opportunity to integrate monitoring tools that would give you and your developers a better understanding of how your system operates.
Infrastructure and Deployment
It is crucial that your store has a well-maintained home that is always up to date and on top of all challenges it might encounter. We evaluate your current hosting solution and your deployment practices to find opportunities to improve its fitness for a Magento store of your size and purpose.
We are curious to find out how your Magento instance has been configured and whether your stack configuration and hardware that runs it are well suited for the needs.
We especially like to see how you use your version control and if any CI/CD pipelines are employed to build, test, and deploy your site to production more frequently, with less risk and downtime.
One Final Step
A Magento 2 technical audit is the crucial step in ensuring the long-term success and growth of your online business. You deserve to be able to focus on the things that matter: innovation and success management.
Don’t let your website performance and bugs stand in the way. Take control of communication with your technical team. Hire us to help you understand what your technical challenges are.
ARE YOU STRUGGLING WITH DESCRIBED PROBLEMS?
Get in touch! Reveal new possibilities for growth and optimization with our Technical Audit service.